Friday, July 18, 1997

Ron's Big Life Update - July 1997 (II)

From the same creative genius that brought you such legendary breakfast cereals as Grouch-O's, Day-O's, and Barry Manil-O's...

It's the world's first breakfast cereal that gives you the great down-home taste of Meskeet...Meskeet-O's!

(It's been a buggy summer so far.)

This afternoon at lunch I also came up with the idea of Misfortune Cookies ("You will go bald, be found guilty of three misdemeanors, succumb to a life-threatening disease, and die penniless and alone.")

Most of my free time out here has been clogged up with house stuff. I spent the last few evenings mowing the lawn with our !@#$%^&* push-mower (I'll give it one more week and if it doesn't get any easier, it's history.), raking the lawn with our new rake, and taking up the soggy carpet and tiles from our basement floor. Apparently, we have a little seepage problem in the basement, which we've only noticed because we've gotten quite a bit of rain lately. In fact, since I've moved out here in June, the tornado sirens have gone off twice! I'm just guessing that the recent run of storms is atypical, though, and some drain tiles should fix the now-unfinished basement.

Been trying to settle into the usual routines, but they're not going as smoothly as planned. I found out that my free cable expires at the end of the month, so we'll have to tape as many episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 as we can before they pull the plug. I also discovered, much to my dismay, that there aren't any radio stations out here that carry Casey's Top 40 on Sunday morning! No more Casey Kasem?!?!? I'm DYIN', I tell ya... And I got Alanis Morrisette's first two albums on CD. (She had two Canadian albums in the Debbie Gibson/Tiffany vein before she moved to the states and started over from scratch.) They're awful, but I now own them. I'm still flipping around the radio dial to try and find some suitable outlet for Crap From The Past - no progress yet.

Well, fare ye well. And for you Southerners, fare ye-all well.
Ron "Boogiemonster" Gerber